This uniquely delicious, sweet-smelling blend combines the finest quality ingredients such as celery, ginger and chilli. These ingredients are perfectly blended with cassia, garlic and fennel to give you the best tasting curry powder, ever!
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
1 bunch dhania, chopped
3 Tbsp. (45ml) Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
1 Tbsp. (15ml) Robertsons Paprika
Robertsons Atlantic Sea salt to taste
4 green chillies
1 onion, chopped
6 potatoes cut in half
2 tomatoes, thickly sliced
2 cups rice
½ cup lentils
1 cup water
1. Mix mutton with Maas, dhania, Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder, paprika and green chillies and season with salt. Set aside until required.
2. Fry the onion in a little oil until soft, remove from the pan and then fry the potatoes until browned.
3. Par-boil the rice and lentils.
4. In a large ovenproof dish, place half the cooked rice and lentils at the base of the dish, then layer the tomatoes, onions, meat mixture, potatoes and lastly put the remaining rice on top. Pour over 1 cup water.
5. Cover with a well-fitting lid or with foil. Cook at 180°C for 1 – 1½ hours or until meat is tender.
6. Stir the pot to mix ingredients before serving.
Fill out the form below to ask us a question, we'll be in touch shortly.