2 packets of tennis biscuits
2 tins caramel condensed milk (or condensed boiled for 3 hours)
500 ml fresh cream (double cream or whipping cream)
2 grated Peppermint Crisp’s chocolate – lots of it or a large slab of peppermint crisp chocolate grated
- Place a layer of whole tennis biscuits in a 29x19x5cm dish, take a smaller dish if you are wanting to do more layers.
- Smear the biscuits with 1 tin of caramel condensed milk, or if layering more, use what you need.
- Beat the cream until almost stiff (do not overdo this, otherwise you’ll land up with butter). Add the grated Peppermint Crisp, leaving enough for the top layer.
- Add a thin layer of the beaten cream with Peppermint Crisp on the layer of tennis biscuits, then arrange another layer of tennis biscuit on top. (repeat this if needed)
- In the cream mixture, add 1 tin of caramel condensed milk, continue to mix. When done, finish off the tart by adding this cream mixture on top of the biscuits, sprinkle with leftover Pepper Mint Crisp.
- *Refrigerate for at least 4 to 5 hours.
Recipe by Irene Muller